Survey Party Technician I
The City of High Point's Engineering Services Department seeks to fill a Survey Party Technician I position.
- Compiles field measurements and readings for construction and engineering functions through use of various survey instruments.
- Operates total stations, levels, data collectors and other survey instruments to secure data pertaining to lines, corners, elevations, grades, curves, alignments, and positions.
- Records field notes and sketches.
- Performs preventive maintenance on surveying equipment.
- Locates and marks utility lines and performs stakeouts for construction crews.
- Performs as-built surveys of completed projects.
- Drives a service truck to and from job sites and transports tools, equipment, and supplies; Communicates with supervisor and other employees by two-way radio.
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- High School Diploma
- NC Driver License
- Formal education which includes reading, writing, and math equivalent to graduation from high school.
- Completion of some basic surveying courses or one (1) year of field experience in land survey work.
- Social skills to interact as a team player.
- Associate degree in Surveying Technology or Civil Engineering Technology or closely related field
Salary: $31,622.45 - $40,516.20 Annually. with benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of Sunday, April 11, 2021. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.