The City of High Point's Theatre Department seeks to fill a Theatre Box Office Attendant position.
Performs responsible clerical and technical work in the operation of the Theatre Box Office; does related work as required. Seasonal position from April – June and October – December. Other periods of time as available.
- Participates in the sale of admission tickets by e-ticketing, mail, at box office window and by telephone or online.
- Provides Box Office services for on and off-site events.
- Provides exemplary customer service.
- Maintains theatre’s customer database and mailing list.
- Assists with maintenance of box office inventories.
- Utilizes computerized ticketing system in order to sell tickets, run reports and assist customers with orders.
- Answer telephone provides information and assists visitors.
- Assists staff, patrons and volunteers as needed regarding ticketing and access control.
- Instructs volunteers with regard to “Will Call” and ticket scanning.
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Formal education which includes business offices practices, arithmetic and/or business math, typing, office equipment, including PC, and discipline in the work-place.
- Must have thorough knowledge of standard office practices.
- Must be computer literate with advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access applications and Social Media.
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, promoters, and the general public.
- Knowledge of best practices with regards to box office operations.
- General knowledge of accounting procedures related to ticket sales.
- Must have the ability to handle money, maintain financial and statistical records and accountability systems for admission tickets and receipts.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- Prefer graphic design experience with advanced skills in using Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Publisher.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc
. By closing date of Sunday, April 25, 2021. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.