Traffic Signal Technician II
The City of High Point's Transportation Department/Traffic Signals Division seeks to fill a Traffic Signal Technician II position.
- Performs electrical and electronic repairs on traffic control devices;
- Installs, relocates, and maintains traffic control devices including signal cabinets, controllers, interface units, detectors, signal heads and electrical wiring, conduits, and fiber optic cabling;
- Performs line work in the installation of signals and controls; pulls, attaches, and splices cable; sets and anchors poles;
- Operates a service truck and answers trouble calls for field repairs;
- Operates a computer to input work reports and to download signal timing plans;
- Performs 24-hour standby duty for emergency repair assistance as needed;
- Trains and assists subordinate workers;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Valid NC Driver’s License
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience in electrical installation and repair, or in a related construction trade
- Strong interpersonal skills for working with customers and other employees
- Ability to work alone in difficult situations, including high traffic and adverse weather conditions
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and fill in for other employees when necessary
- Computer competency using Microsoft Office products; ability to comprehend and operate specialized system operations and maintenance reporting software
- Experience with a wide variety of hand and power tools and equipment
- Operational knowledge of general office machines (copier, calculator, FAX, etc.)
- Two (2) year degree in Electrical Repair/Electronics from a technical or community college
- Previous experience with traffic signal construction and/or maintenance
- IMSA Work Zone and Level I certification, or the ability to obtain within one (1) year
Salary: $38,437.03+, depending on experience, with benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc by closing date of continuous until filled.
The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.