The City of High Point's Transit Division seeks to fill a Transit Customer Service Specialist position.
- Provides information and assistance to passengers boarding buses at the terminal;
- Sells tickets, receives, records and accounts for funds;
- Makes change;
- Cleans and maintains terminal facilities;
- Assists transit operators with schedules and directions;
- Monitors buses in and out of terminal;
- Provides security for passengers in the terminal areas;
- Distributes schedules and route information;
- Acts as receptionist and provides directions to the public
- Answers in-coming telephone calls, provides information, receives, records, and routes complaints to appropriate personnel or communicates messages;
- Maintains "lost and found" service;
- Performs clerical tasks as required;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Formal Education
- High School Diploma OR General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Must speak, read and write the English Language
- Must have general knowledge of transit routes, schedules and services;
- Must have general knowledge of public information and public relations techniques, principles and practices;
- Must have the ability to speak clearly, understand and follow written and oral directions;
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with the public;
- Must have the ability to keep simple records;
- Must have the ability to operate standard office equipment;
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and the business community.
- Must be able to work schedules to include split shift, nights, weekends and holidays.
- French and/or Spanish Language skills
Salary: $24,776.04 annually ($11.912/hour).
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc
. Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM April 10, 2021. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.