TRANSIT OPERATOR I (Full-time)
The City of High Point seeks applicant for full-time passenger bus driver position. Experienced in driving large vehicles, school buses, or over the road buses. Consideration given to those applicants with good driving records, and good customer service skills.
- Must be at least 25 years old
- Formal Education
- High School Diploma OR General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Must speak, read and write the English Language
- Valid Class B North Carolina Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger (P) Endorsement
- Two (2) years of verifiable experience operating a similar or larger commercial vehicle
- Must be able to drive a bus in typical urban traffic and work well under stress and pressure of time constraints.
- Must be able to work schedules to include split shift, nights, weekends and holidays.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. This process will require you to have an email address which will be used to contact you throughout the hiring process. If you have already created your GovernmentJobs.com personal account, please login. If not, please click on the link to create an account (registration is free). The Online application must be completed on or before the closing date. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.