Transit Operator (Part-time)
City of High Point Transit Division is seeking applicants to fill a PT Transit Operator position. Individual will perform responsible semi-skilled work in the operation of large passenger buses transporting passengers along specific routes and making designated stops as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Transit Supervisor.
- Must be at least 25 years old
- Formal Education o High School Diploma OR General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Must speak, read and write the English Language
- Valid Class B North Carolina Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger (P) Endorsement
- Two (2) years of verifiable experience operating a similar or larger commercial vehicle
- Must be able to drive a bus in typical urban traffic and work well under stress and pressure of time constraints.
- Must be able to work schedules to include split shift, nights, weekends and holidays.