TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER II
The City of High Point, North Carolina is seeking applicants to fill a Transportation Engineer – II position within the Transportation Administration Department. The successful candidate will responsible for wide variety of traffic engineering duties, including site plan, traffic impact analysis, and rezoning/annexation review, driveway and work zone permitting, traffic counts and safety studies, crash analyses, meetings and correspondence with the public, project coordination with other departments and the North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT), and maintaining project records. The position oversees the activities of the Parking Division and supervises a Transportation Technician and summer interns. A licensed professional engineer (P.E.) with at least eight years of experience is desired. Previous experience with local or state government preferred. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Transportation Director. Additional supervision may be exercised over clerical and other support personnel during specific assignments.
Some of the essential Tasks Include:
- Designs and/or reviews existing and proposed transportation systems and facilities;
- Manages parking deck staff and all projects involving the parking decks;
- Reviews site plans through the City's technical review and driveway permit procedures, DOT construction plans and geometric design improvements;
- Manages the count program and the Transportation Technician;
- Conducts feasibility investigations for roadway and intersection improvement projects, including impact assessments, environmental screenings, and cost estimates;
- Prepares preliminary configurations and design concepts for streets, intersections, sidewalks, and other transportation infrastructure improvements;
- Oversees the conducting of traffic engineering and safety studies, the collection and assessment of data and recommendations for the implementation of traffic control measures to enhance safety and network operational performance;
- Manages the petition-based policies and programs, including on-street residential parking, reduced speed limits, and neighborhood traffic calming, including the collection and review of data and resulting recommendations;
Salary ranges from $59,627.57 - $80,928.43 annually depending on qualifications along with an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/highpointnc/default.cfm. This process will require you to have an email address which will be used to contact you throughout the hiring process. If you have already created your GovernmentJobs.com personal account, please login. If not, please click on the link to create an account (registration is free). The Online application must be completed on or before the closing date and you must upload a Cover Letter and Resume. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.