The City of High Point's Parks & Recreation Department seeks to fill Turf Equipment Mechanic position at Oak Hollow Golf Course.
- Maintains service records; initiates scheduled equipment maintenance; orders and inventories parts;
- Performs scheduled equipment service; oil and filter, air filter, radiator fluids, hydraulic filters and fluids;
- Operates turf equipment: mowers, tractors, utility vehicles, dump truck, loader and related equipment;
- Diagnoses equipment and utility vehicle problems, determines required level of repair, orders replacement parts and schedules repairs;
- Sharpens blades and greens mower reels weekly or as needed;
- Checks and makes required adjustments or repairs on other reel and rotary mowers during mowing season;
- Diagnoses and makes repairs to electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems;
- Reface valves and seats, grinding, assembling and adjusting them;
- Installs rings and bearings and effects proper adjustment;
- Overhauls and repairs carburetors and clutches on utility vehicles;
- Rebuilds/repairs small engines on chainsaws, weed eaters, and blowers;
- Inspects and services brakes, ignition and fuel systems, transmissions, differentials, hydrostats and axle assemblies;
- Tunes motors using standard testing equipment;
- Performs ARC, MIG and Acetylene welding and metal fabrication;
- Services and repairs large motors and turf equipment;
- May perform minor body and paint work on turf equipment and golf carts;
- Performs diversified work on turf equipment such as troubleshooting problems and repairing or replacing defective parts;
- Performs diversified work on marina equipment such as troubleshooting problems and repairing or replacing defective parts;
- Installs blowers, box scrape and other turf implements on tractors;
- Changes and repairs small equipment tires;
- Maintains housekeeping, tools, lifts and repair equipment in mechanic shop;
- Inspects equipment for compliance to safety standards and makes necessary repairs;
- Assists building maintenance technicians including operating heavy equipment, plumbing, electrical repairs, etc.;
- Must be available after-hours and weekends in the event of incidents/emergencies;
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- Completion of High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, holidays, and may include evenings
- Must have a working knowledge of the methods, tools, and equipment used in the repair of turn and maintenance equipment, and skill in the use and operation of shop tools and machinery
- Must have the ability to diagnose defects in equipment and detect by inspection of any worn or broken parts to repair problems.
Salary: $34,862.13+ Annually.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc
. By closing date of Sunday, April 11, 2021. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.