W/S Mains Specialist
The City of High Point’s Public Services Department seeks qualified candidate for current Water/Sewer Mains Specialist opening.
Individual will perform difficult, skilled, and responsible technical work supervising and participating in the water (distribution) and sewer (collection) systems. This will include day to day operations of the distribution system including Backflow and Cross-Connection programs, hydrant meter program, water quality, system data collection, reporting to the State, assisting as need with the collection system, installation of equipment as required, and maintaining associated facilities and equipment, which may include janitorial cleaning duties of the Division’s area.
- High school diploma or GED and;
- Formal education including basic math, reading and writing, plan reading, engineering, and/or construction
- On-the-job training approximately 6 months to 1 year.
- At least 3 years of experience as ORC or backup ORC
- Considerable computer experience
- Some experience in supervision is preferred.
- Supervise the work of others
- Grade B Water Distribution Certificate and Backflow Prevention Certificate
- Or any combination other combination of certifications provided one is Grade B Distribution.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- CDL A with Tanker Endorsement
- Collection System Certification
- Certified Backflow Tester
- Cross Connection and Backflow Certification
- Grade B Distribution Certificate
- Associates Degree or higher in related field
Salary from $42,375.84 - $54,294.24 annually with excellent benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.