W/S MAINS SPECIALIST, SENIOR
The City of High Point’s Public Services Department seeks qualified candidate for current W/S Mains Specialist, Sr opening. Individual will perform difficult, skilled and responsible technical work supervising and participating in the water (distribution) and sewer (collection) systems. This will include day to day operations of the distribution and collection system including Backflow and Cross-Connection programs, I&I program and system data collection and reporting to the State.
- Formal Education
- High school diploma or GED and;
- Formal education including basic math, reading and writing, plan reading, engineering, and/or construction
- On-the-job training approximately 6 months to 1 year.
- Work Experience
- At least 3 years of experience as ORC or backup ORC
- Considerable computer experience
- Some experience in supervision is preferred.
- Must be able to assign and supervise the work of others
- NC Grade IV Wastewater Collection Certificate
- Grade A Water Distribution Certificate
- Backflow Prevention Certificate
Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
- Lift Station Experience
Salary from $51,709.76 - $63,060.32 annually with excellent benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. This process will require you to have an email address which will be used to contact you throughout the hiring process. If you have already created your GovernmentJobs.com personal account, please login. If not, please click on the link to create an account (registration is free). The Online application must be completed on or before the closing date of September 27, 2019. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Formal Education