W/S Technician I
City of High Point seeks qualified persons to fill the position of W/S Technician I in the Water & Sewer Mains Division of the Public Services Department. Individual will operate sewer cleaning equipment on motorized vehicles, including flusher, vacuum and rodding equipment; assist in the installation, replacement and repair of water mains, sewer lines, taps, fire hydrants, valves and meters; respond to water and sewer line problems, cleans lines and manholes; raise and lower manholes and valve boxes; tap high pressure lines and make connections; inspect sewer line with TV inspection system and assist W/S Technician II or W/S Crew Chief by inspecting tools, equipment, materials and supplies prior to and distributing same while work is in progress.
- Formal Education o High school diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Must have possession of an appropriate driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina and ability to obtain a CDL “A” permit within 6 months of hire date and a CDL class “A” within one year of hire date.
- Must be 18 years of age to operate City vehicle.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions for periods up to 16 hours.
- Must be able to work On-Call on a regular rotating basis.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds or more with assistance.
- Must be able to obtain basic First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must be able to deal effectively with the public.
- General knowledge of flusher trucks, rodders, backhoe and tandem dump trucks.
- Having Class ‘A’ Commercial Driver’s License with Tanker Endorsement
- On-the-job training approximately 6 to one (1) year.
- Some knowledge and experience working with water/sewer utilities preferred.
Salary ranges from $28,681.91 - $36,748.23 annually along with an excellent benefits package.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system.
To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc This process will require you to have an email address which will be used to contact you throughout the hiring process. If you have already created your GovernmentJobs.com personal account, please login. If not, please click on the link to create an account (registration is free).
The Online application must be completed on or before the closing date. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.