W/S Utility Locator
The City of High Point's Public Services Department / Water and Sewer Mains Division seeks to fill a Utility Locator position.
- Use lap-top computer or other devices to receive, document and close out locate tickets, during normal hours.
- Read and interpret utility maps / prints to identify the type and size of underground utilities.
- Use assigned communication equipment to effectively communicate with excavators, utility reps, and city personnel, regarding underground facilities.
- Operate different electronic detection equipment, to locate and mark under-ground facilities within prescribed accuracy limits.
- Perform light excavation with a shovel, to expose buried utilities when necessary.
- Receive and respond to locate tickets during normal and after hours in accordance with established time requirements.
- Operate company vehicles in a safe manner and maintain a professional appearance
- Be able to perform manhole entry using assigned equipment and safety devices as needed.
- Perform work in all weather conditions, during normal and after hours.
- The employee shall always follow all safety rules.
- High School Diploma, or GED.
- Valid North Carolina driver's license.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- Minimum of 1-year experience in utility locating.
- Proficient in the use of hand tools and equipment. (shovels, screw drivers, wrenches, etc.)
- Must be able to work on call and after hours as needed
- C distribution or Grade 1 Collections Certification
- 1-year experience working in water distribution or wastewater collection systems
Salary: $16.77 – 21.47 Hourly with benefits
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of Sunday, May 9, 2021. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.