Wastewater Operator I, II, III Full-Time (W/ Benefits)
Wastewater Operator I
Essential Tasks / Qualifications:
- Makes regular tours of plant, which requires a considerable amount of climbing of stairs and walking, to inspect process operations including bar screens, mixers, valves, pumps, aerators, settling basins, filters, clarifiers, effluent filters, blowers, pressure gauges, etc., for proper functioning;
- Records instrument readings in laboratory and throughout the plant, makes necessary adjustments including opening or closing valves and switching process equipment on or off;
- Collect samples as required and runs required laboratory analysis which includes calibrating and operating the instrumentation used in the analysis;
- Operate complex computer controlled equipment;
- Cleans pumps, motors and other equipment;
- Reports defects to proper personnel;
- Operates skid steer and other equipment as required;
- Performs minor maintenance activities; (PM’s, repairs, replace light bulbs, vehicle clean up)
- Assists in cleaning different units of treatment, buildings, and other odd jobs as needed and maintains grounds as necessary;
- Ensures that all work is performed in accordance with OSHA and City Safety Standards and Policies.
- Must be able to obtain a Grade II NC Wastewater Operator Certification within two (2) years of employment to keep the job.
- Sit for State exam within six months of completing Wastewater Operator School or forfeit exam reimbursement benefit.
- Valid North Carolina Driver's License
- Entry Level Position- On-the-job training approximately 6 months.
Annual Salary: $38,436.32 - $49,246.08 - Depending on Qualifications with excellent benefits.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. By closing date of Insert job closing date/ continuous. The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.