Water and Sewer Mains Specialist
The City of High Point’s Public Services Department seeks qualified candidate for current Water/Sewer Mains Specialist opening. Individual will perform difficult, skilled, and responsible technical work supervising and participating in the water (distribution) and sewer (collection) systems. This will include day to day operations of the distribution system including Backflow and Cross-Connection programs, hydrant meter program, water quality, system data collection, reporting to the State, assisting as need with the collection system, installation of equipment as required, and maintaining associated facilities and equipment, which may include janitorial cleaning duties of the Division’s area.
- Formal Education
- High school diploma or GED and;
- Formal education including basic math, reading and writing, plan reading, engineering, and/or construction
- On-the-job training approximately 6 months to 1 year.
- Work Experience
- At least 3 years of experience as ORC or backup ORC
- Considerable computer experience
- Some experience in supervision is preferred.
- Supervise the work of others
- < >Grade B Water Distribution Certificate and Backflow Prevention Certificate
- Or any combination other combination of certifications provided one is Grade B Distribution.
- Valid North Carolina Driver’s License
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc. This process will require you to have an email address which will be used to contact you throughout the hiring process. If you have already created your GovernmentJobs.com personal account, please login. If not, please click on the link to create an account (registration is free). The Online application must be completed on or before the closing date of . The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Formal Education