Water Sewer Crew Chief
Individual will discuss job requirements with and receive detailed instructions from supervisor; prepare complete work orders with details of actual work performed; train and instruct subordinates; provide guidance and supervision to W/S Technicians I, II, and III; and train technicians in the operation of equipment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have an appropriate (CDL-A) with Tanker Endorsement or be able to obtain (CDL-A) with Tanker Endorsement within 6 months of hire date or being promoted to this position.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and more with assistance.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must have good driving and safety records.
- Must have good knowledge of traffic rules and regulations and safety rules and regulations.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the methods and practices of equipment and tools, construction, repair and/or maintenance of water and sewer lines and facilities; of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work and related equipment operations.
- Must have skill in the use of the equipment and tools of the trade including mini-excavator, dump truck, towing trailer, and /or backhoe.
- Must have ability to understand as-builts, street location maps and detailed reports; to lead, supervise and communicate with semi-skilled, unskilled workers and technicians; to accept responsibility for self and crew to ensure quality work performed to City standards.
- Must be able to successfully complete courses and North Carolina Water Distribution A or B, or Wastewater III or IV
- Must be able to obtain Standard First Aid/CPR/AED certification within 6 months.
- Must have Confined Space Competent Person certificate within 3 months
- Must have Trenching and Shoring Competent Person certificate within 3 months.
- Must have OSHA 10-hour course within 6 months.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions for periods up to 16 hours.
- Must be able to work On-Call on a regular rotating basis.
- Valid NC Commercial Driver’s License: Class A with Tanker Endorsement preferred.
- North Carolina Water Distribution A or B, or Wastewater III or IV.
- Knowledge and experience working with water/sewer utilities preferred.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc.