WATER/SEWER TECHNICIAN I
City of High Point seeks qualified persons to fill the position of W/S Technician I in the Water & Sewer Mains Division of the Public Services Department. Individual will operate sewer cleaning equipment on motorized vehicles, including flusher, vacuum and rodding equipment; assist in the installation, replacement and repair of water mains, sewer lines, taps, fire hydrants, valves and meters; respond to water and sewer line problems, cleans lines and manholes; raise and lower manholes and valve boxes; tap high pressure lines and make connections; inspect sewer line with TV inspection system and assist W/S Technician II or W/S Crew Chief by inspecting tools, equipment, materials and supplies prior to and distributing same while work is in progress.
- High school diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Must have possession of an appropriate driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina and .
- Must be 18 years of age to operate City vehicle.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions for periods up to 16 hours.
- Must be able to work On-Call on a regular rotating basis.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds or more with assistance.
- Must be able to obtain basic First Aid/CPR certification.
- Must be able to deal effectively with the public.
- General knowledge of flusher trucks, rodders, backhoe and tandem dump trucks.
- Having Class ‘A’ Commercial Driver’s License with Tanker Endorsement
- On-the-job training approximately 6 to one (1) year.
- Some knowledge and experience working with water/sewer utilities preferred.
Interested applicants must apply through NEOGOV, the City of High Point’s new job application system. To apply, please type the following link into your web browser: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highpointnc.The City of High Point is an Equal Opportunity Employer.