Responsible for “owning” a dust/mist/fume collection product line from start to finish. This will include, recommending size and types of units we offer, designing units with attention to cost, ease-of-manufacture, shipping and performance, as well as developing necessary documentation and serving as the initial sales engineer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develop a priority list of units we will produce, including CFM, static pressure, air-to-cloth and other performance metrics. Offer suggested price point targets.
• Design the units with input from the Process Engineer to ensure the design can be manufactured efficiently.
• Develop specification sheets and product manuals for all units produced.
• Help prospective customers with unit selection and system design and help train the sales staff as they are added.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be available.
• An understanding of dust/mist/fume extraction including air volume/static pressure/air-to-cloth ratios/fan curves/NFPA regulations, etc.
• A track-record of producing manufacturing-friendly designs.
• Strong AutoCad skills.
• An understanding of electrical specifications, VFD drives, controllers, etc.
• An entrepreneurial mindset including an appreciation for budgets and deadlines.
Physical Requirements Reasonable accommodations may be available.
• Ability to work in a manufacturing environment which may involve walking, climbing ladders and performing product inspections.