We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Project Manager for our location in Highpoint, NC. This is an excellent career opportunity for a well-versed project manager with a mechanical or industrial engineering background. Experience managing large-scale capital equipment projects is a must. Experience with industrial filtration equipment would be a big plus. In this position, you will report to the Technical Director and lead the planning and implementation of assigned projects working directly with the customers, suppliers, and contractors, as well as internal Engineers, draftsmen, service technicians, and sales professionals. You will spend a lot of time at the customer site to oversee the equipment installations and therefore you can expect to travel between 20 and 40%, nationwide only.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage routine operational aspects of a project and scope: Ordering, delivery, commissioning, and testing of installed equipment at the customer site.
• Work with the customer and draftsmen to finalize the layout and develop and define the project scope, goals, and deliverables.
• Manage a small team of draftsmen.
• Assign and supervise contractors throughout the project at the customer site.
• Schedule and manage project tasks, equipment order, and resource requirements.
• Translate project details, order confirmation, and customer specifications into a set of production documents.
• Define any special manufacturing and/or customer drawings required to manufacture the customer order.
• Ensure the quality and consistency across all projects is consistent with company’s brand guidelines.
• Create and execute project work plans and revise with Customer’s approval as appropriate to meet challenging project deadlines, needs and requirements.
• Work with peer engineers and project stakeholders to coordinate the layout and detail of the capital equipment assembly projects.
• Work with the machine/fabrication shop providing oversight and coordination of the fabrication/assembly, and work with contractors to complete installation projects at the customer site.
• Ensuring all-controlling documents are up to date.
• Maintaining the Entecco processes and procedures for the jobs being projected.
• Be the project Liaison between the U.S. and Germany.
• Competitive compensation package including bonus program.
• Benefits package to include Health, Dental, Vision, and 401k with company match.
• Excellent career opportunity with an international company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Project Management certification e.g., PMP would be a plus.
• Strong cross-functional leadership skills/experience
• Hands-on experience working as a mechanical engineer or designer.
• Must have electrical skills/knowledge.
• Minimum of 5 years of industrial project management experience.
• Must be able to coordinate the startup and commissioning of the project.
• Experience as a mechanical project engineer/manager in a capital equipment manufacturing/assembly setting highly preferred.
• Working experience with industrial filtration equipment a big plus.
• Proficient computer skills (MS office suite).
• Self-starter, the ability to work independently, and good organizational skills.
• Team leader/player with good communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and people management skills (will be managing/supervising draftsman and contractors)
• Must be able to manage contractors on site either electrical or mechanical.
• Must be able to write project documentation, e.g. RFQ’s for bought-out items, functional specs, and job-specific owner’s manual.
• AutoCAD Drafting and Design software knowledge/skills.
• Willing to travel nationwide, 20-40%.
• Valid driving license.