About the High Point Veterans Initiative
North Carolina is home to numerous military installations, but nearly 8,000 veterans leave Fort Bragg from retirement or separation each year. “Many times, if they haven’t had a chance to get out and know what is in the area, they return home. But there may not be jobs back home”, -- William McMillian, Transition Assistance Program (TAP)
High Point is a city that has a collaborative mindset, a resourceful, helpful heart, and specifically a welcoming, growing Veteran community.
In this spirit, Business High Point – Chamber of Commerce, High Point Heroes Center, and Visit High Point joined together in late 2022 to launch High Point Veterans Initiative as a local pilot initiative to collaboratively position High Point to recruit, engage, and support transitioning veterans and their families, leveraging:
- Current talent attainment consortium best practices
- An established local Veteran Support Service Organization
- A growing connection to the network of local, state, and national veteran talent
- Community resource opportunities
- Visit High Point and their commitment to grow High Point’s Visitor Economy as a Shared Value
Our mission is to strategically serve transitioning veterans, professionally, personally and holistically, with the highest level of engagement.
The High Point Vets Initiative is excited to:
Engage with Us
I am a Veteran. I need resources.
I am a Community Organization. I wish to partner.